New site coming soon – julianleland.io

I’m currently in the process of transitioning to a GitHub-hosted Jekyll webpage, which will eventually live at julianleland.io. However, good web design (unsurprisingly) takes time, so for the time being, julianleland.io is redirecting here. As soon as I’ve worked out the initial kinks, I’ll post a link here to the new site (and will eventually transition fully to it) – stay tuned!

2 thoughts on “New site coming soon – julianleland.io

1. Hi Julian, Nice website! I was looking for student projects and came across your site.
    Do you have any ideas. It needs to be a project that take no more than 10 hrs.
    And by the way do you remember me! lol

• Wow – hey, Steve! Great to hear from you! Glad you like the website – the new one will be much cleaner, if I can ever get it finished…

As far as short projects go (I’m assuming for shop class?), most of the small projects I’ve built recently/am planning are tooling for one of my machines – a bull nose live center adapter, or a radius turning tool, for example – so they’re not going to be of interest to most of your students. However, I do think that the idea of making a tool that can be used after the class is good. Maybe the students could make vernier mini-calipers (the little 3 inch pocket calipers), or some sort of physics tool? A mechanism would be cool to build in, too – maybe a precision x-y positioning stage with a differential screw setup and flexural bearings?